To provide meaningful youth training programs in all areas of church life which will provide for full participation in the total mission of the church?
- Educational Programs designed to increase knowledge of the African Methodist Episcopal Church History and Scriptures.
- To provide opportunity for leadership experience.
To organize and develop a Young People’s and Children’s Division wherever there is a Senior Society.
- To interest Christian convictions into action in all of their daily relationships.
- To develop leadership committed to Christ and church.
- To acknowledge and appreciate the total process of Leadership and Following. (Directors-Officers-Youth)
- To stimulate an interest in the historical background of their communities and the A.M.E. Church.
- To have youth know the historical background of the African Methodist Episcopal Church and the Connectional Women’s Missionary Society.
- To do our best in helping make God’s kingdom come on earth, as it is in heaven.
This organization shall be composed of the Connectional, the Episcopal District, the Conference Branch, and the Local Young People’s and Children’s Division of the Women’s Missionary Society of the African Methodist Episcopal Church.
The YPD program is managed at the hands of the young people it serves by way of the YPD Executive Board. This platform is where the training and mentorship within the program comes alive. The offices of the executive board are elected positions and young people are exposed to the importance of voting and election process which mirrors the election process of the Women’s Missionary Society. Young people have an opportunity to hold the following offices and they are held accountable for performing the duties of the office for the good of the organization as a whole.
- 1st Vice President
- 2nd Vice President
- Recording Secretary
- Recording Secretary
- Financial Secretary
- Worship Director
Young people elected to these offices have a responsibility to demonstrate leadership, confidence and have a strong understanding of the Connectional Church. This knowledge is gained by participating in and attending conferences and conventions of the A.M.E Church. The purpose of these conferences and conventions is to bring all parts of the church together to share and learn about the condition of the A.M.E. Church as a whole and to plan and strategize the vision of the church every year to ensure that God’s work in the church remains strong.
Many of these meetings require travel across the country and the world exposing these young people to a broader view of our world society and making clear the larger picture of the importance of God’s desire for us to give back the abilities and talents he has given each of us through the participation of mission work.